“Expectations are the enemy of presence. And it’s a lesson I never seem to be finished learning.”
In this first episode, I talk about the theme that we’ll be exploring throughout season 5 — coming home. I discuss my own personal challenges with putting down roots and reflect on the relationship between belonging vs reinvention. I also share details about my new six-week course, Tender Discipline.
Questions we’ll explore in this episode and in this season:
- What does it mean to plant roots and build a foundation?
- What does it mean to reconnect with your roots, and with your ancestral lineage?
- What does it mean to come home to the body?
- What are the ways in which we engage with certain habits or media that keep us from feeling safe in our bodies?
- What does it mean to belong?
Check out our sponsors:
Hover has a domain name for whatever you’re passionate about. Get 10% off your first domain name, and start laying the groundwork for your next big idea, by visiting hover.com/hurryslowly.
Dig into the resources:
Bits and bobs mentioned in this episode:
- My new course: Tender Discipline, a radical new way to motivate yourself
- Hurry Slowly interview with Amahra Spence on Radical Imagination