A reflection on the power of tuning into the beautiful weirdness of your own rhythms, ideas, and idiosyncrasies.
In this episode, I talk about how our culture teaches us to look outside of ourselves for answers — to cherish the advice and opinions of others above our own inner guidance. I also share some personal examples of my challenges with embracing my own idiosyncratic approach to doing things, which is often at odds with external models and so-called “expert” opinions.
Ideas we’ll explore in this episode:
- Why we tend to orient toward external advice over our own internal wisdom
- How things naturally flow and manifest when we are able to tune into our natural instincts, rhythms, and style
- What it means to honor ourselves and to “come home” to the beauty of our own uniqueness
Check out Jocelyn’s new course:
Are you ready to let go of anxiety and tune into your intuition? For the first time in three years, I’m re-opening my Hi-Fi course, which is all about reconnecting to your own inner wisdom. Registration is open now through January 27, 2023. Visit hifi-course.com to learn more.
Dig into the resources:
References and media mentioned in this episode:
- John Wellwood’s book Toward a Psychology of Awakening
- My RESET course, a cosmic tune-up for your workday, which will re-open for registration in February 2023
- My Hi-Fi course, a 6-week journey into the wisdom of the heart, which is open for registration now through Jan 27, 2023