When you live your life in a rush, anxiety is a constant companion. In this supercut, I ask some of Hurry Slowly’s most popular guests, “What gives you anxiety?” You’ll learn that you’re not alone in over-thinking things, and get some actionable ideas on how to manage your worries.
* Note for new listeners: This is one of Hurry Slowly’s special “mini-episodes” that provides a lighter counterpoint to our usual full-length interviews. If you’re new to the show, I suggest starting here.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- How being out of control fuels our feelings of anxiety
- The secret to managing that feeling of out-of-control-ness
- Why taking action on a local level can relieve anxiety
Hover has a domain name for whatever you’re passionate about. Get 10% off your first domain name, and start laying the groundwork for your next big idea, by visiting hover.com/hurryslowly.
“I used to worry for years when we first started. You worry about the competition, or you worry about this, or you worry about that, or you see some news item. But you can’t control any of those things. You can’t do anything. All you can do is your best so that’s what I just try and do. I try to do my best work as often as I can and that’s it. There’s nothing to be anxious about there.”
In order of appearance, these are the guests featured in this episode with links to their full-length interviews on Hurry Slowly:
- Austin Kleon – Pencil vs Computer
- Scott Belsky – Quick Decisions vs Wise Decisions
- Oliver Burkeman – Against Time Management
- Kim Chambers – Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Fanny Auger – Conversation Isn’t About Talking
- Alissa Walker – Walking Is the Best Way to Go Slow
- Jason Fried – Whose Schedule Are You On?
- Bill Duggan – You Can’t Rush Aha Moments
Call to Action
If this episode resonates with you, I would love your support. Subscribe in iTunes and write us a review.
Every rating helps us attract new listeners, which allows us to keep making the show! : )
You can write a review on your phone here: hurryslowly.co/mobilereview